If someone offered you free advertising for your business, would you turn them down? No catches, just completely free; all you have to do is physically write/create your message.
Okay, I’m offering you just that… Social media is FREE advertising for your business. Get yourself on Google+, Facebook, Twitter etc and start posting away – no charges!
Or, if you already have a social media account – start using it!
Many businesses have yet to create a social media presence and many more have created their pages/accounts, only to ignore them and leave them gathering dust for months at a time with no new posts.
Go on, have a look, what was the date of your last post? Now, post something new and time yourself, how much of your day did it take up? Less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee, I’m guessing.
Try setting yourself the very achievable goal of making one post a day on one or more of your social media accounts. If it helps, decide on a set time every day for this small task – maybe while you are waiting for the kettle to boil for your morning coffee.
You don’t necessarily always have to craft the most amazing piece of work – just a few lines reminding people you are there.
Here are some ideas:
- Post a few lines about some staff news – makes you seem more human to your customers
- Write about the latest product
- Remind people about current offers
- Entertain readers with an observation/story from yourself or a staff member from during their working day
- Post an inspiring quote you have come across
- Pass on some tips from your line of business (eg a garage might remind drivers about important checks to make on their car)
Just remember, it’s free and easy!